Wednesday, January 2, 2008

[poetry] I will always be there for you

((Someone once told me that my poetry was straightforward and honest. This is the best example of that phenomenon.

It is not obvious, but this is the first of a series of poems that I will write, that partially follow the sonnet structure: 14 lines, with 3 sets of 4 lines following a certain rhyme scheme, and ending with a rhyming couplet. I did not know it then, but I would eventually become obsessed with rhyming couplets.

Again, this poem is 3 years old.))

When you are lost and feeling lonely
Like the world has given up on you
Fret not, I will never think of you lowly
I'll be with you as you start each day anew

When the sun shines bright upon your path
And a smile is lit up on your face
I'll be there to share your joy and laugh
To run with you and finish the race

When you just feel like giving in
And wishing for the day to end
I will be there to cheer you on
Help you back on your feet to stand

And I will always be there for you
Through the good times and the bad ones too

No comments: