Wednesday, January 2, 2008

[poetry] Time Stops Still

((I think this is my first love poem. Written from the point of view of an innocent schoolgirl, fresh in love. Which was what I was, when I wrote this.

Rhyming couplets again.))

Monday morning, the lecturer drones through his course
I doodle on my notes, eyes drooping against my will
Suddenly you turn, and my eyes meet yours
I start to blush as time stops still

I gaze amazed at the frozen frame
Your bleary eyes, your half smile
Gently I whisper into the quiet your name
Wishing this would last for more than a while

The magic fades, you turn away
I hide my sorrow as reality floods back
I wish we could have stayed that way
'Cause a world without you is a world turned black

The bell announces the lesson's end
I leave as the corridor starts to fill
On my shoulder I suddenly feel your hand
I turn around; there you are, and time stops still...

Please you smile for me now and always
Stay by me and light up all my days...

No comments: