Wednesday, January 2, 2008

[poetry] Last Goodbye

((My first attempt at spontaneous inspirational writing. This was almost 3 years ago. How my writing has evolved from then!))

That day you left I died inside.

"Goodbye," you said. "Goodbye."
The word echoes still in my head.
It seemed so full of promise and truth,
That we would be together again.

At that time you were smiling,
And so was I.
But beneath my smile were hidden tears.
I wonder if you felt the same too?

I boarded my train,
You boarded yours.
As the trains embarked on their journeys,
I watched as your face faded to naught.

Months later I'm back here
To this place where we parted.
Your grin is still silhouetted in the shadows.
Your scent dances on the breeze.

All pretense fades; I cannot hold back,
A crystal dissolves the dust, then two.
I whisper in the wind, that it might reach your ears,
"We will not meet again; this will be my last goodbye."

No comments: